2 geo domains

IT.com

donnied79

Hi guys, what do you think about
canberra.in (Australia capital)
dhaka.in (Bangladesh capital)
Thank you very much,
Regards.

i think they are probably worth reg fee unless you find a VERY interested buyer. Foreign geos + ccTLDs i find is not a good combination. if these were Indian geos, they'd be $$$, but they are not, so i'll say for now, reg fee.

Hi donnied79,

Sorry mate, would have to agree with the others.

I am from Oz and would not even spend the reg fee for canberra.in
You may find someone who will, but I doubt it.

Put this down as a learning experience and do your research first before buying names.

Stick to registering industry / business generic domains that can work in India or globally with businesses there and you will be much better off.

90% of domains that people spend their hard earned money on have no value to anyone at all (just spend a hour a day like I do looking at drop list names and you will see what i mean). Spend the time and do the research on how popular a keyword phrase is using Googles Keyword Tool https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal and look at how many other websites are targeting that phrase by searching on the exact match phrase in Google using "quotes" eg "travel plans" and see if the numbers are decent (when I say decent I base it on over 5000 other websites in India or whatever country you are basing your search in having that exact phrase match on their site).

Also pay attention to how many people/businesses are advertising on Google AdWords because this is a great sign that there is money and business around that name if dollars are being spent on advertising. Usually 10 or more advertisers is a healthy number to work on.

Only then open your wallet to register the domain name.

Buy names that make sense and can have businesses built around them, if you don't have the money to lose then don't be a speculator be an investor and base your investments on sound principals not on what most other domainers are doing and that is buying really bad names.

You can also read my post at my blog When Registering Domains, Look Before You Leap! | OzDomainer.com
and also watch this video I posted The Funny Side of Domain Names. | OzDomainer.com

These are only my opinions but it has served me well over the past 10 years.

Regards

Ed
OzDomainer

Thanks to everyone and expecially to Oz for the tips.
I spend more than an hour a day reading about domanis :)
When i registered the domains i thought about their value in .de (germany) or .it (italy). I'm sure in a few year .in will be more popular than .it and maybe at the same level of .de
Now i go to read your post, thanks very much,
Regards.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom