What sticks out

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Kimla, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Kimla

Kimla United States Member

When browsing a website, what sticks out to you? Is is the design of the website, how easy it is to navigate, or even how many tabs the site has?

2. JackD
    • Premium Supporter

JackD United States INForum.in Supporter

Home Page:
    I look for ease of navigation. Don't care what the photos and "moving parts" look like. If I cannot find the link I want, the other stuff is of no value.

Parth likes this.
  3. dibon

dibon Kenya Member

The design and/or layout is likely to be the first thing to strike a visitor to a website but for me, navigation is key. I have to easily find what I want in the shortest time possible.

Parth likes this.
  4. Parth

Parth New Member

I agree with the points above, but I'd like to add that I get easily frustrated with sites that hang up due to an unresponsive script or some other issue. I also want pages to load quickly and having a ton of pictures slows things down.

JackD likes this.
  5. ritchie

ritchie Kenya Member

The particular design is what strikes me first but of what use is this if I cannot quickly find what I want with ease? What's important is if the site is user-friendly irrespective of the number of tabs it may have.

Parth likes this.
  6. Kimla

A lot of people like when they can just go into a site and find what they are looking for and be done with it, so I understand what you're saying.

7. Kimla

Dibon, you are right about the layout and the navigation. Getting things done quickly is what a lot of people want., so easy navigation is a great thing to have.

8. Kimla

Unresponsive scripts are almost worse than a bad design for me, but bad designs barely edge them out on the list of things that I dislike.

9. Kimla

Yes, I agree that an amazing design is what catches the eye first, but it sucks when there's a great website design but it's hard to navigate the site.

10. Anayaa

Anayaa United States Member

These guys are absolutely correct. Navigation is key. Make the navigation buttons catch the user's eye and that coupled with some really good content will keep a user on your site. The longer they stay, the more likely they are to buy.

11. tulip

tulip Kenya Member

True @Anayaa because what's the point of having a site that's responsive but with no good content at all? In a way, I think that a combination of the major points highlighted above will make a website very user-friendly.

12. ritchie

ritchie Kenya Member

Have you ever been to a website that had an ease of navigation but was unresponsive as well? I believe that there's a lot that goes into ensuring that a website is functioning properly. Gone are the days when people would only focus on the design.

13. Mikhaela

Mikhaela United States Member

I have ran across this too many times to count. It especially sucks when the website has a great design and you were looking forward to going through it, but half of the pages don't work.

14. tulip

tulip Kenya Member

Worse still, there are sites that have been and continue to be that way for a long time. There's no point of designing a great website but having no follow-up mechanism of ensuring that it works well.