Website Music

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Saki, Jul 17, 2017 at 8:43 AM.

1. Saki

Saki United States Member

I was wondering what everyone thinks of music playing on a website when you open it. The only example I can think of is Myspace (I'm not sure if it still happens) and how music plays when you open someone's page.

2. Foroux

Foroux New Member

I always have my speakers muted, so it's something I haven't noticed in the wild. It would be pretty jarring if I didn't mute sound, especially on sites where I'm not expecting music to play. I guess if music is a must, just make sure there's an easy way to mute it on your site.

3. JackD
    • Premium Supporter

JackD United States INForum.in Supporter

Home Page:
    I don't care for it. When online browsing, I usually have music that I like playing in the background and if the website in question interfered with that, then I would probably not stick around on the site or return to it in the future.

4. Saki

Foroux, I have ran across a couple of sites where I couldn't find the mute button on the site and it was irritating, so I understand what you're saying.

5. Saki

@JackD I also always have music playing when online and can see how it would drive me crazy for a site's music to interfere with that.