Value of your domain ?

IT.com
I wouldn't put too much stock in such appraisal sites, as I don't think they are all that accurate. These types of sites are more useful for the additional data they provide.

I notice this particular appraisal site is currently producing out-of-date page rank results, which likely makes it even more inaccurate. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ceres. Interestingly you can click on "update", so don't know how recently data will the system gather ;-)

Cheers

Interestingly you can click on "update", so don't know how recently data will the system gather ;-)

Cheers

Thank you hosting. I hadn't noticed the update icon - once I clicked this, the updated page rank data showed up straight away.

It says that INForum is worth $38,675.40. Seems fair to me :D

Seriously, the metrics that the website is using relate more to what is important for a developed website than a domain. Even then, the most important metric - how much a website earns - isn't even taken into consideration.

You should never rely on automated appraisals. However, the best I've seen for this is Estibot by far. Estibot's values for .in aren't that great, but I think that it does a decent job with .com domains.

It says that INForum is worth $38,675.40. Seems fair to me :D

I saw that before I posted this ;-)

Seriously, the metrics that the website is using relate more to what is important for a developed website than a domain

I agree

You should never rely on automated appraisals. However, the best I've seen for this is Estibot by far. Estibot's values for .in aren't that great, but I think that it does a decent job with .com domains.
I have got one domain name valued through Estibot for $4000, but I haven't bought that domain yet though.. ;-)

thanks for the info,
i had blogged about that and 10 more appraisal tools before in my old blog webdotgeek.com before i sold it ;) and the buyer didnt keep it alive :mad: he rather sold it to another buyer ;)

my websites and domains are also worth much but you know... no body is buying them nowadays ;) so i will develop them or let some expire!

what are you gonna do with your domains?

what are you gonna do with your domains?

I will let couple of .in domains drop when it expires but most of my domains will be gradually parked on Noomle (around 2000+ users in there for now). This is a "the Best" (thanks to the person who got me introduced in this forum) domain parking provider I have come across. It allows you to publish ads from different source(google, yahoo, adbrite, cj,linkshare, amazon shop, and lot more... With a little donation (as low as $2) it also allows you make use of it Graphical templates on n number of parked domains.

The only but the main thing that is involved here is marketing and I don't think that should be a big deal really. You can achive this by putting as a signature in the forums that allow you to do so. I haven't started that yet apart from submitting the site to google. Couple of my Noomle parked domains have already started showing up on some keywords between 1-6 postions in google. I am still waiting for the domain to get a page rank though - not sure if this will ever happen as a "parked domain", but I will have to give 3 months anyways to see the effect. For now I keep adding articles as and when I get time and resubmit the sitemap on google to pick the new article instantly and crawls when it wants to ;-)

Also Noomle is running internal competition and encouraging its users to develop and add things as much as possible.

If you are a developer then probably you can design your website better, but for a person like me with no website development background I think for now Noomle is the way forward.

Due to inforum.in TOS i can't publicise my parked domain here but if you would like to know I am happy to PM you ;-)

Jeff/Ceres - I hope I am not breaking any TOS by sharing this information. I am not advertising Noomle here, neither do I get any commission to that either. By all means if you think it is against the forum TOS please let me know and I will edit the post or you can remove the whole thing off ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to inforum.in TOS i can't publicise my parked domain here but if you would like to know I am happy to PM you ;-)

hosting, I think you've misunderstood. You're can mention any of your parked domains, but please no live link to them. Best of luck with your domains. ;)

hosting, do you think that Google will eventually penalize Noomle websites?

hosting, do you think that Google will eventually penalize Noomle websites?

To answere your question to be honest I don't know... But looking at Noomle and the type of service it provide is excellent. Theoretically it is a parking site, but practically it is a minisite builder. One of the ways to find out whether it is a parked domain is through WHOIS query - which obviously you all know about this. If you see in the whois for any domain name the traditional parked domain name will read as "Domain Status: Registered And Parked Or Redirected" message. In case of Noomle parked/minisite it will show as "Domain Status: Registered And Active Website".

If this is one of the methods google uses to penalize noomle sites then I doubt it will ever happen, but you never know what method google is using or what R&D they have in a pipeline - In my opinion GOOGLE is driving the INTERNET, all the websites follow the google way to be the #1 [I call this a GOOGLE INFECTION ;-)]. SEOs keep changing their strategies the way google change its search methods. One of the recent changes/add-ons is Google Profiles Go to the SERPs | WebProNews. I can't see the results in the UK probably its not implemented yet, but in America people have already started seeing this - that's according to the WebProNews.

^^^
It will, as it essentially is duplicated content. Search engines hate it

As far as duplicate content on Noomle is concern, Noomle moderators constantly requests the users NOT to use duplicate content and if they do then people tend to change the contents a bit - unless they are copyrighted then you can't [well you can if you want to ;-)]. I have not seen any Noomle parked "domain names" in similar areas, they are all unique on its own - names as well their contents. The people in there are different and are very creative too - not that you don't find creative people in other forums but people share their experiences and help each other, suggest each other, what to add on their website to make look better, feel better, comments on the articles, etc, etc...

As a sample see my site - loveart.in [this has amazon shop too ;-)] and HomeAndGarden.in - you can certainly leave comments if you want too ;-)

@ALL[including the moderators ;-)] - Is anybody here use Noomle? Would you like to share your experience and show off your site - Thanks for sharing

@ALL[including the moderators ;-)] - Is anybody here use Noomle? Would you like to share your experience and show off your site - Thanks for sharing

@Hosting, it's not clear to me - does Noomle provide the content for your site, or do obtain your own content?

If Noomle provides the content, is the content original? Is the content ever re-sent out to another Noomle member?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom