Traffic Buying Scam

Discussion in 'Webmaster Forum' started by Jason76, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76 United States Member

Not all scam traffic is PPC (pay-per-click), the subject of another thread I wrote. In fact, many companies simply offer visitors, rather than some scheme where you bid for visitors. Nonetheless, the idea is the same. Trick the consumer into buying low quality traffic.

Where does the low quality traffic that cheap PPC and cheap direct traffic companies come from? Well, the sources could be bots, visitors that aren't even human, and another source could be redirected domains.

2. Simone

Simone South Africa Member

I am new to the whole buying traffic thing, and so far I've only ever been using free methods of generating traffic to my site, but I am wary about scams when it comes to buying traffic. I think I will stick to FB ads and maybe GDN for now.

3. Mallard

Mallard United Kingdom Member

It really isn't worth buying traffic as far as I can tell. So much of it is either bots or banner exchanges. If you can target your market through Adsense or other channels you get real people who are far more likely to come back, keep the site busy, and spend money.