The use of meta tags

IT.com

marsh

A meta tag is simply a computer code attached to a web HTML page that cannot be seen through a browser software but rather can be seen through a search browser software. What legal issues does this help an online business with?

I'm not very sure about the legal loopholes that the use of meta tags helps a website owner avoid. As far as I know, the most important thing is getting everything right as far as the meta title and meta description (that shouldn't be duplicated across multiple pages) are concerned.

Copyright mainly. An author and Publication date embedded in the meta tag can help prove an article's age and authorship, and the link tag rel-canonical can stop website owners having their search traffic dropped for duplication if they have duplicate content on a page, or if they are using wordpress, which likes giving one article four URLS.

The main disadvantage with meta tags (and I'm inviting your views on this) is the fact that if the description is generic and a particular search engine uses it, then your page may appear less relevant especially to people searching for a term. We definitely know how page ranking is important to any business with an online presence.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom