Registering a domain

IT.com

maheshgonlin

Country flag
Hello,

I want to register a domain name (new extension) of a company which is having trademark.Pl guide me, should I register a domain name or not.

regards

Did you issue him proper reminders before the expiry... as per the ICANN policies and do you have any proof in this regard ?

And is it a generic name or also registered as a Trade Mark ?

1) If it is based upon registered Trade Mark, then he can always claim back the Domain name under UDRP or INDRP policy, as may be applicable. And also ask for compensation for passing off... and yes there are provisions under Indian Penal Code as well against such violations.

2) If it is otherwise Generic name and proper reminders were issued to him and if he still didn't bother to renew the same. Then you have complete rights to the Domain Name and can deal with it in any way, including putting up for sale on SEDO !

If the name of the company is NOT generic, then that is problematic.

Hello,

I want to register a domain name (new extension) of a company which is having trademark.Pl guide me, should I register a domain name or not.

regards

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom