Online prescence

IT.com

walter

Apart from Google, are there any other search engines that you should have in mind when optimizing your website? I see people concentrate a lot on Google but what about the rest?

I don't think that there is any other search engine that comes close to Google. I’m not sure if search engines like Bing and Yahoo give search results in close proximity to it. People seem to be concentrating a lot on Google.

A huge chunk of searches (say 86%) go through Google. The other platforms like Bing, Yahoo or Facebook have around 7%-8% of searches going through them. Nonetheless, you shouldn't disregard the latter because a balanced portfolio will help tap into a greater pool of potential customers.

Google is the best in my opinion. I think that it beats all other search engine sin every category imaginable. However, there is Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and a couple of others.

Google is the best in my opinion. I think that it beats all other search engine sin every category imaginable. However, there is Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and a couple of others.
Very true Saki and even though the other search engines may not rank as high as Google, there are people that still use them and it is never a good idea to completely ignore them. A balanced portfolio is very vital.

Very true Saki and even though the other search engines may not rank as high as Google, there are people that still use them and it is never a good idea to completely ignore them. A balanced portfolio is very vital.
I agree, dibon, you should capitalize on every opportunity that you have, so ignoring other search engines is not a great idea, however most do.

Google is and has been the most used search engine around, however, I agree that no one should disregard the others simply because they are not Google. By learning how to get ranked on Google, getting ranked on the others should be a breeze. Do not leave anything on the table that could possibly help you acquire customers, no matter how insignificant they may seem.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom