Moving a site from .IN to .COM

IT.com

archer

Basically, have a site on .IN Domain on Indian law, with above 30,000 visits in the last 30 days, as per Google Analytics. Now I also have same keywords in a .Com Domain Name, with a suffix 'India'.

Example: _____law.in (existing) & _____lawindia.com (New).

The revenue of the website is from Google Adsense only... will it be a good (or bad) idea to change the Domain from .in to .com, though the website will still target Indians only, as only once a while there is a hit from other countries like US, Canada & South Asia.

Looking for opinion from dear forum members... :confused:

I suggest stay with .in if your main audience / users are based out of india.. .in names are also getting list well outside india too. I can see many .in names on first page of google search where the content quality is good (while searching from UK) .. I suggest you to focus on your content quality and keep the domain name with .in as you have an inferior keyword+india in .com version. Look at examples like amazon.in or vodafone.in or airtel.in or ebay.in .. they all have .com names or they can register like ebayindia.com or amazonindia.com and use the same.. but they are not doing the same.. i hope that explains enough for you to understand why its better to stick to .in

I agree with domainpundit. Even in the best case scenario you'll lose traffic for a few months, and sometimes the new site never regains the former site's traffic. So you are taking a gamble, there is not really an upside, and there is a possible downside. If the domain were a lot better, it may be worthwhile for branding reasons, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. Also, I do think Google.co.in treats .in better than .com in its rankings.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
uttampolyrubs
Top Bottom