List of Pending INDRP Disputes

IT.com
...and here are another two domains that have been added to the pending list:

MicrosoftStore.in - Microsoft is no stranger to INDRP cases. They will win this case for sure! FYI, Microsoft is currently using the .co.in.

KangarooKids.in - I'm not sure who the complainant is likely to be. Perhaps it relates to the Kangaroo Kids pre-schools in India?

--------
UPDATE - Here are the decisions to date:

INDRP Decision MicrosoftStore.in

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting additions to the pending INDRP list. I am guessing the 7 cases listed below are all related to Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd. They own the stores: Brand Factory, aLL and Pantaloons. They also use the brands: RiG, UMM, Honey and Bare.

Domains under dispute:

pantaloons.in
rig.in
umm.in
all.in
honey.in
brandfactory.in
bare.in

I'm guessing the outcome of these cases will depend on a number of things such as:
- when the domains were registered;
- whether the respondent and complainant are doing business in different channels of trade;
- what are the established rights of each party?;
- with regard to the generic names, how 'well-known' are these stores and brands in India?

What does everyone else think? In any event, we'll find out in due course!

--------
UPDATE - Here are the decisions:

Pantaloon Goes After Domain #6

Pantaloons.in - INDRP Decision

Seems that Pantaloons lost the dispute for .com :

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2010/d2010-0587.html

Can the original owner appeal on the basis of this decision.

Well spotted Ace! The UDRP decision makes a lot more sense than the INDRP decision - too bad they differ so much.

I would think that the time to appeal the INDRP decision has long expired.

Pending dispute:

Biovail.in - Complainant is probably the pharmaceutical company, Biovail Corporation.

Pending INDRP dispute:

GingerHotels.co.in
- I think that's the name of a hotel brand in India owned by the Tata Group.

Pending dispute: Rps-savana.co.in

To date, we haven't seen that many hyphenated domains on the list. The complainant is probably the RPS Group, which owns Rps-savana.com

I have just read several of the decisions made in regard to .in domain names and it is blatantly clear to me that anyone who owns more than 1 .in domain has absolutely no security of ownership whatsoever even if the domain is generic word like "internet" or "jobs" etc etc etc.
I have seen same with other "third world" cc tld's where they simply take the domain name from the Registrant with no complaint process whatsoever (i.e. if someone wants it they get the regulator to take it and give them it).

I would not invest much in .in domains given the likelihood that someone will simply take them from you.

DG

Rather than not investing in .IN domains, I would suggest -

1. Don't use (any kind of) parking and host a blog or forum as soon as you register a domain. You can get unlimited hosting anywhere from $10 to $25 per month, which is not a big deal if you are a domain investor. Actually, I would suggest reseller hosting (about $25 per month) so you can have separate account for each domain (like a separate business).

2. If sale notice is put on the site, don't use "domain for sale", instead use "website for sale" or "business for sale".

3. Whatever you do, try to be on the "good faith" side.

I think this would apply to most other TLDs/ccTLDs too.

Remember, parked pages are being de-listed by major search engines and modern browsers don't promote type-in traffic. A developed site has more resale value, better recall value and has pages indexed on search engines.

Cheers!

I took a look at the current list of pending dispute decisions. It seems like most of them are TM domains - eg Remy-Martin.in, Sensient.in, IvoclarVivadent.in and MetLifeBank.co.in (all were registered in 2010).

Also, the recently decided cases look just as bad: CrownePlaza.in, MorganStanleyBank.co.in, StandardAndPoors.co.in and DisneyStore.in.

:( It is disappointing to see this. It is one of the main reasons why domainers have a negative image. As mentioned before, cybersquatters need to be eliminated...

MSD.co.in is being disputed. What do you think - Merck Sharp & Dohme? Currently, the domain is parked and I can't see any history info on archive.org.

MSD.co.in is being disputed. What do you think - Merck Sharp & Dohme? Currently, the domain is parked and I can't see any history info on archive.org.

MSD.in belongs to Merck and redirects to MSDIndia.in, so probably yes.

But I really don't think anyone should have special rights to LLL domains in general. As far as I know, most WIPO decisions for LLL.coms go against complainants.

But I really don't think anyone should have special rights to LLL domains in general. As far as I know, most WIPO decisions for LLL.coms go against complainants.

I agree. However, the exception to this general rule are famous TMs. If there's any doubt about whether a domain might be risky to own, I think it would be wise not to park it.

We are happy to advise and help on any possible trade mark issues and have plenty of experience in this area.

Our website also has a lot of free information and tools to help.

Unresolved Domains or even Parked pages on a Domain Names always go against the Domain Owners, when it comes to Domain Dispute Policy. It is legally always advisable to have a working website to prove the good faith in the registered Domain name !

Unresolved Domains or even Parked pages on a Domain Names always go against the Domain Owners, when it comes to Domain Dispute Policy. It is legally always advisable to have a working website to prove the good faith in the registered Domain name !

What about the fact that it takes time to plan and develop a website?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom