India Webmaster Community on Orkut

IT.com

Ceres

Google India Blog reports that an Official Google Webmasters Community has been launched on Orkut.

I think this is a good opportunity for webmasters to seek information that will help with their Indian websites. For example:

A study on Indian websites reveals that a 83% of Indian sites do not use XML Sitemaps and about 50% of them do not make use of the robots.txt file.

Here is the link to the Webmaster Community on Orkut. Note: You need a Google email address to access Orkut.

Has anyone tried to join Google's webmasters forum on Orkut? I tried twice, but my requests were rejected :confused:. I'm assume anyone can join, or is that not the case?

Although there's not much happening on their forum right now, I had hoped to participate and learn specific webmastering tips for Indian websites.

Has anyone tried to join Google's webmasters forum on Orkut? I tried twice, but my requests were rejected :confused:. I'm assume anyone can join, or is that not the case?

I do not understand why would they keep such a community as closed. In any case with ~150 members, its hard to imagine how they can grow.

I feel that communities are a place to meet people rather than exchange lots of tips/ideas. I would imagine that a forum better feels that space like this forum and others are doing for domainers.

Good luck !!

din try it personally but a friend of mine too couldnt register himself..dunno wat they are trying here..

din try it personally but a friend of mine too couldnt register himself..dunno wat they are trying here..

Thanks RaghavK. So it's not just me.

If Google is somehow restricting membership, I wish they'd at least put up a notice to this effect. That way, we don't waste time trying to register...

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
anirudhkarl96
Top Bottom