How Much Of An Effect

IT.com

Swisslist

With the massive growth of the internet in India, how much do you think that growth translates into dollars? Or Rupee as it were? How much of an effect does this growth have on the Indian economy as a whole?

That is a pretty interesting question, and although I don't have the actual answer, seeing as India saw the most growth of any country in the world last year, it's easy to guess that this translated into a whole lot of money.

It should be a huge boost. Internet business is available to anyone with a phone or computer, so more transactions take place, velocity of trade increases and more wealth is created. Then there are all the jobs created as existing companies expand their IT arms. The only problem might be inflation.

I also think that a growth in the internet connectivity has a ripple effect on the economy at large. It would be interesting to note the kind of growth (in figures) that India has experienced.

Who has those figures? I tried doing a quick search online but there doesn't seem to be anything concrete that encompasses the whole industry. I guess at this point we can just take some educated guesses.

Who has those figures? I tried doing a quick search online but there doesn't seem to be anything concrete that encompasses the whole industry. I guess at this point we can just take some educated guesses.
I had the same problem. The IBEF covers the economy as a whole, and Wikipedia claims the Telecoms sector was 1.94% of total GDP, but actual monetary figures for internet business on its own are hard to find.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom