How much is enough?

IT.com

darmar

Country flag
How much of AdSense blocks is enough, and how much is not too much?

I mean, let's look at the example of my custom-developed-parked-domain-with-content site TheGuy.net:

- there is a block at the footer (not very attractive place)
- there is a link block in the middjel of the post (viewable only when looking at the whole article - Read more)
- both of these block are pretty much very discrete

I'm affraid to lose visitors if I put more ads on a page, because they didn't come to my site to look at tfhe ads - but the content, and if I have moer ads then content - in my eyes it look bad.

What do you think, and would you anyhow put some more (and where?) ads?

Thank you

P.S. I also have the Co-op search which shows ads in the search result page and there is also a Amazon.com search with my affiliate ID, but I don't think those two are making any "blur" or displeasure with the visitors (correct me if I'm wrong)

P.P.S. of course, if you have any other suggestion reggarding this web site and possible monetization options - please let me know.

Hi Darmar

it might be worth putting Adsense inbetween posts.

Maybe 2 posts and then an ad, 2 posts and then an ad etc...

Actually, I suspect a lot of viewers ignore most ads. Note, the ads don't annoy them, but rather they just ignore them. However, a certain percentage do look at them, hence, that's an explanation of why they make money.

I'm affraid to lose visitors if I put more ads on a page, because they didn't come to my site to look at tfhe ads - but the content, and if I have moer ads then content - in my eyes it look bad.

Overkill is possible on ads, but I think ad systems are designed to give the adequate amount. For instance, a typical XenForo system would have a header, inside the thread, and footer ad and the popular free MyBB one has the same - with the exception of the "inside the thread" one.

Last edited:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom