First ever generic co.in/.in Auction -247.in etc Sedo.com

IT.com
Rather disappointed with Sedo themselves in fact.

They were not obliged to but there was no mention of the auction on their homepage during the whole 7 days of the auction which is pretty poor marketing,not just from my point of view but from theirs as well.

Normally during auctions my wife (separate Sedo account) & I get an email to advise about the auction which we did not get,how about you?

Whilst the .in auction was running Sedo were advertising their .me auction on their homepage that had finished the week before! I did manage to get them to remove it on Tuesday which was replaced with a listing of "buy now" .co and still no reference to the .in auction!

I feel sorry for 247.in going for less than 1k. But lets not compare this auction with last weeks me auctions. The names were better and more bidders. Most of the domains in this auction were .co.ins and people always take them lightly.

Unmitigated disaster! Extremely poor results. Most of the names sold had previously received much higher offers and as for 247.in-scary for the extension.

I took the risk and got burned.

I don't see Sedo doing another dedicated .co.in/.in auction for a very long time if ever.

Sadly the .me auction the previous week was quite successful.

i too liked film.co.in and went till 380 eu .. ultimately, it got it's price and i missed it!!

the list was too good but the response to the auction, entirely the other way

it seems no one wanted to spend the money much :(

I feel sorry for 247.in going for less than 1k. But lets not compare this auction with last weeks me auctions. The names were better and more bidders. Most of the domains in this auction were .co.ins and people always take them lightly.

.me is a manufactured extension which has huge resources behind it and was marketed to the limit by Sedo, as I pointed out Sedo did very little in the way of marketing for the .in auction which makes no business sense whatsoever.

As for .co.in, I have personally sold in excess of $300,000 of them over the past years so there certainly is/was a market for them.

i too liked film.co.in and went till 380 eu .. ultimately, it got it's price and i missed it!!

the list was too good but the response to the auction, entirely the other way

it seems no one wanted to spend the money much :(

247.in Tea.co.in Film.co.in were steals for the buyers. I had an offer of over $2K for 247 and over $1K for Tea just a month ago.

Anyway,congrats to the buyers.I must admit I have had some good buys on Sedo auctions myself recently so things just balancing out perhaps!

:) yes! and u said rightly - fabulous purchases on SEDO you get sometimes!!!

Tea is defintely a steal (considering indian has patent for various varieties of tea as product and hindi word - chai)

if i would have not thought for 10 extra seconds, i would have bid the Film above 499 ;)

Missed out the final action...
How many domains got sold and prices...
All should appreciate Wot for taking this special auction and brought '.in' extension an international attraction in a huge domain market...
Personally I salute him.

Missed out the final action...
How many domains got sold and prices...
All should appreciate Wot for taking this special auction and brought '.in' extension an international attraction in a huge domain market...
Personally I salute him.

Thanks for the accolade. (-:

Those sold are on post 10 of this thread. However I have since had 3 emails from people who missed the auction and I am now setting up "buy now" prices at Sedo at the original reserves for 7 days so if anybody wants another chance on some of those unsold pm me and I will set it up for you.

Just had notification from Sedo that a "buy now" has already been made so now add 1 more to the sales,I will post the name later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting WOT. Sedo is pretty poor about marketing their auctions and not to mention if they are blocked in India (that will hurt).

.co.in has a huge market, its the question of the right buyer. Personally my best sale in the last 13 yrs of domain selling was a .co.in.

Rather disappointed with Sedo themselves in fact.

They were not obliged to but there was no mention of the auction on their homepage during the whole 7 days of the auction which is pretty poor marketing,not just from my point of view but from theirs as well.

Normally during auctions my wife (separate Sedo account) & I get an email to advise about the auction which we did not get,how about you?

Whilst the .in auction was running Sedo were advertising their .me auction on their homepage that had finished the week before! I did manage to get them to remove it on Tuesday which was replaced with a listing of "buy now" .co and still no reference to the .in auction!

Sadly, you have given us the evidence that sedo has a blind bias against .in domains.

As for most of the names being .co.in, yes, they would have gotten less "activity" than if they were all/mostly .in domains.

Thanks for having the auction Wot...even if you perceive it to have small benefit, it is still progress that helps the future of the extension.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom