Combating Adblockers and Anti-trackers?

IT.com

Parth

One of the most lucrative ways to earn money on your website is to have ads. Generally speaking, targeted ads pay the most. Website visitors that use ad blocking and anti-tracking tools are ultimately costing the site owner money. For website owners, what efforts have worked for you in dealing with this loss of revenue? For website visitors that use these tools, what, if anything has made you more willing to turn them off?

@Parth, I understand your frustration with the ad blockers but to say the truth, it can be annoying to be in a website that keeps running all sorts of ads and causing distraction. I'm not sure if there's anything we can do in this regard.

It's true that "we" have no one to blame but ourselves. If pop-ups, flashing banners, and screen hijackers hadn't come along, internet ads would probably be tolerated like they are on television and in magazines. There needs to be a happy medium though for both webmasters and users.

It's crazy how many people use ad blockers these days, but don't realize how bad they are hurting business and website owners. I have seen a lot of people put a note on their site that they use ads to keep pay for and keep their site up.

It's crazy how many people use ad blockers these days, but don't realize how bad they are hurting business and website owners. I have seen a lot of people put a note on their site that they use ads to keep pay for and keep their site up.
Someone would assume that just having ads in the website would guarantee a regular income stream but I guess when overdone, these ads may become annoying. How then do we ensure that these ads appear in such a way that a website visitor yearns to find out more about the service?

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom