Changing themes

IT.com

Kaitlin

Banned
Is there any way to change the theme of your website and still keep everything on it intact or will you have to re-do the posts, images and so on if they don't fit right?

I think it is possible to change the theme without altering anything else. If this was the case, it wouldn't be easy to change these themes. I have seen some websites change the themes and still retain a few images here and there.

I have saved my website files and now I am ready to give it a try. If it works it's all well and fine, but even if it doesn't I'll just set it up again afresh with a whole new design.

Forum and blog software always allow for the changing of themes, assuming that the theme is compatible with the forum or blog version. However, though, it can be difficult to upload those themes. For instance, phpBB does not have an uploader. In that case, you have to know how to upload using cPanel alone or via FTP.

If it is wordpress it is really easy, but I did have to go through and check my posts still looked right. I did have problems switching from a theme with a galley to one without, but it's easy to do and you can do it through the admin screen.

Yeah, changing the theme has to be a simple thing, we are not remaking the site, we are just selecting a new theme.

It is a simple process, but I think that the themes have to be sort of compatible. I don't know the correct terminology but basically one theme is not equal to another.

There are ways to safely change your themes but sometimes I heard that after switching themes there might be some minor disturbances like images that don't fit right and so on and you might have to do a bit of tweaking.

If you're using WordPress, Joomla or Ghost then you can do this easily. In case of WordPress, changing themes is very easy. And you can do it on your own inside the dashboard. But if you are using HTML page theme then you have to work from start there. And it takes some time in such case.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
angemon
Top Bottom