Buying Fan page likes

IT.com

Britney

I read somewhere that it's not advisable to buy fan page likes but the reason didn't really sound valid to me. Do you think that it's a good idea to get likes that way or should you go the organic way?

I don't know. I mean I get a lot of offers to buy likes, and having a lot of likes looks really good, but I've heard that Facebook has penalties for pages with a lot of users who have liked it and never visited again.

Likes should be natural by all means. If you buy fan page likes, then there is a huge chance that most of the likes won't be natural. Marketing should target serious people who will possibly become consumers.

If you're going to buy Facebook advertising there's a very good practical reason not to buy likes. The Facebook advertising system targets people who have liked your page, so you'd be paying for announcements to go to accounts you know are not going to become customers.

Buying likes might prove to be useless because SEO probably favors shares over likes. Also, it's useless to build a list because, as someone above noted, the people liking it are probably not interested in being customers. Therefore, I think the whole FB liking thing is a scam.

This conversation has been about Facebook mostly but Twitter does the same. You can by 10,000 followers. But that is just numbers, None of the 10,000 care anything about what you are saying or selling. I have witnessed new twitter accounts that have been online for 1 week that have more than 10,000 followers, REALLY? Waste of money.

This conversation has been about Facebook mostly but Twitter does the same. You can by 10,000 followers. But that is just numbers, None of the 10,000 care anything about what you are saying or selling. I have witnessed new twitter accounts that have been online for 1 week that have more than 10,000 followers, REALLY? Waste of money.

Whether this stuff should be illegal is always up for debate. It's sort of like those ads in home business mags, the ones you find at Wal-Mart, where they promise you 10,000 USD a month or something. :eek: However, :rolleyes: the flip side of the argument simply says stuff like that should exist to train people to be smarter, a sort of tough love thing.

Anyway, note as I mentioned in another thread, pop-under and redirected traffic would be another big despicable scheme going around.

Last edited:
If you want to make money from pages on Facebook, then don't buy likes. Because the purchased likes being bot are going to be used for the advertisement. And this in turn means you lose the money. So you have to consider avoiding fan page likes to be purchased. You should consider having organic likes.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilamburfurniture
Top Bottom