A smart brokerage pitch from Afternic

IT.com

domainking131

Forum Leader
Staff member
Better lead follow up is worth the commission.

Domainers tend to gripe about paying commissions to marketplaces, especially when the lead was generated from a link on their own parking page.

This makes sense. If you, the domainer, generated the lead, why should you pay a marketplace a fat commission?

I think there are two ways that marketplaces can “earn” their commission:

1. The marketplace generates the lead. This can either be from someone searching on the marketplace for a domain, or (more likely) from distributing the listings to registrars. This is a high value for domain name sellers.

2. They do a better job handling the lead than you would. In this case, it means a faster response (preferably by phone) than you can provide as well as better follow up.

I received an email marketing pitch from Afternic today that smartly addresses the second value add.

gra.jpg

Source

What do you think?
According to me, its worth it since I won;t go around selling domain names over phone!

They did not put too much effort in to one of mine when I gave them permission to contact the offering "buyer".

Mind you it was a $x,xxx name and a $20 offer from China! :)

The deal did not complete. :rolleyes:

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
anirudhkarl96
Top Bottom