3 domains suspended

IT.com

ajf7688

Country flag
Well I just received an email this morning

The .IN Registry has suspended the following domains for violating the Anti-Abuse Policy (http://www.registry.in/Policies/IN_Anti_Abuse_Policy)

3 of my domains were suspended (All registered in December 2013 and have Hold status now)
  • steakhouse.in (Had a coming soon page similar to the one on carousel.in)
  • bigg.in (Had a coming soon page similar to the one on carousel.in)
  • bestcity.in (Had a site developed on blogger: bestindiancity.blogspot.com)

Have a few puzzling questions
  • Why would the IN Registry do this, Definitely need an explanation per domain
  • How do I get these domains back

I do not think I broke any rules here and these domains were either client domains or to be developed into sites by me
No Adult content or Phishing or mass messaging, nothing that breaks the rules mentioned in the above link

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

1. Did you receive email from registry or registrar ?

2. What your registrar's say on this ?

3. Did you got chance to defend yourself ? As HOLD is very serious issue , as I told earlier in other post that even in INDRP cases where serious nature of trademark infringement is noted but domain name never place on HOLD ? then putting on hold require detail explanation ?

This is the duty of registrar to help you out in such cases .........Did you interacted with your registrar ?

Well I just received an email this morning

3 of my domains were suspended (All registered in December 2013 and have Hold status now)
  • steakhouse.in (Had a coming soon page similar to the one on carousel.in)
  • bigg.in (Had a coming soon page similar to the one on carousel.in)
  • bestcity.in (Had a site developed on blogger: bestindiancity.blogspot.com)

Have a few puzzling questions
  • Why would the IN Registry do this, Definitely need an explanation per domain
  • How do I get these domains back

I do not think I broke any rules here and these domains were either client domains or to be developed into sites by me
No Adult content or Phishing or mass messaging, nothing that breaks the rules mentioned in the above link

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi Mitsu

I received the email from my registrar, I have emailed them back asking for any information they might have, the email is with subject "Spam Complaint"

I did not get any chance to defend myself as it's the first email I am receiving regarding this

These domains were just under development or had a coming soon page I do not see how its SPAM, If its a TM violation(Which I doubt) then I'm fine with the suspension, but still need an explanation, It cannot be just suspended with no information

Should I contact the IN Registry?

1. Did you receive email from registry or registrar ?

2. What your registrar's say on this ?

3. Did you got chance to defend yourself ? As HOLD is very serious issue , as I told earlier in other post that even in INDRP cases where serious nature of trademark infringement is noted but domain name never place on HOLD ? then putting on hold require detail explanation ?

This is the duty of registrar to help you out in such cases .........Did you interacted with your registrar ?

Unfortunately, I am also the victim of the same issue , your case its just 3 names.. in my case its close enough to 20+ names.... I have noticed all your names are at dynadot too.. check with the registar if they dont provide further support ( its the same in my case) just escalate to registry by writing to registrantsupport@registry.in or registry@nixi.in

It is quite discouraging for .in investors, perhaps its the time for us to look for alternative extensions as I have been getting victimised for simple reasons for last 2 years.. its happened to you and me. and tomorrow it could happen to other members too..

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Till date majority of such issue reported are from Dynadot and XXXX ............In our opinion registrar support is uppermost thing ...

P.S. Another registrar's name removed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions Ace, DomainPundit and Mitsu

Which registrar did you have??
Bcoz I see a lot of this thing happening with GoDaddy.

Mine were at Dynadot, What's happening with GD?

Till date majority of such issue reported are from Dynadot and Rclub ............In our opinion registrar support is uppermost thing ... yesterday at 7 PM we received same issue for one domain name of our client and in flat 4 hours same was resolved because of our interaction immediately with registry.....

Mitsu, I am retiring from domaining and selling my .in portfolio, I am keeping a few domains I wish to develop into applications/sites or bought on behalf of Clients, will be transferring these to you a few at a time as I cannot risk these

Unfortunately, I am also the victim of the same issue , your case its just 3 names.. in my case its close enough to 20+ names.... I have noticed all your names are at dynadot too.. check with the registar if they dont provide further support ( its the same in my case) just escalate to registry by writing to registrantsupport@registry.in or registry@nixi.in

It is quite discouraging for .in investors, perhaps its the time for us to look for alternative extensions as I have been getting victimised for simple reasons for last 2 years.. its happened to you and me. and tomorrow it could happen to other members too..

Thank you for the inputs, I have emailed the registry, 2 out of the 3 domains in question in my case are critical as they are client domains

I suggest do not worry about .in, continue investing if your slight gut tells you to, its just a matter of the market, individuals, private companies and policy maker involved working together and maturing which will happen soon, I am getting out of serious domaining as a whole(all extensions) due to other goals in mind, But will always remain an avid enthusiast of .in and would like to see everyone involved succeeding

Happy to notify everyone that my domains have been unsuspended by INRegistry, Dynadot provided awesome support and INRegistry has also coordinated well to help me out :)

These domains were on the swiNOG spam block list and I have appealed for a removal aswell

One by One all will get cleared because of our strong stand on the issue. Some of the members know the details of our email exchange with registry, they are reviewing in names and will come to know the details very soon.

whois

Forums dedicated to Indian domain names, including buying, selling, appraising, developing, and monetizing.

About Us

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuvandomain
Top Bottom